|The Kodak ScanMate i1180 Scanner.|
Thin client scanning.
The third model in the ScanMate series is the Kodak ScanMate i1180. It has been specifically designed to allow easy connection to thin client environments or web-based applications given all Perfect Page image processing is actually done locally within the scanner. This minimises the need to purchase and support highend host PCs, plus reduces the impact on the network.
Able to process 40 pages per minute with a recommended volume of up to 5,000 pages per day, the launch of the ScanMate i1180 is significant given research shows that 87% of business applications are now browser-based yet only 2% of firms actually leverage web technology for document scanning.
All the tools out of the box to develop thin client and web-based scanning applications
The ScanMate i1180 comes with all the implementation tools required out of the box. This includes a full license for the EMC Captiva Cloud Toolkit to make it easy and cost effective for developers using this SDK to write and enable their own thin client web capture applications. This is the first time a scanner in this class has had such software included for free which eliminates the need to buy additional expensive middleware.
A comprehensive scanning package
Like the i1150, the ScanMate i1180 comes with integrated barcode recognition capability - supporting nine different barcode types – and has a customisable icon-based colour LCD interface to help users quickly identify where to send captured images. In addition, Intelligent Document Protection safeguards against jams, with the ScanMate i1180 also offering TWAIN and ISIS driver compatibility. This makes it simple to integrate with other key business applications.
The ScanMate i1180 is supported by a range of Kodak Alaris software including one button Smart Touch functionality and Kodak Capture Pro Software Limited Edition imaging software which is included for free. Users can upgrade to the full version of Kodak Capture Pro Software.
Designed for Kodak Info Input Solution
The ScanMate i1180 has been specifically designed to work with Kodak Info Input Solution – a secure browser-based thin client document capture solution which automatically captures, classifies and extracts information from paperwork. Turn to page 46 to read more.
- 40 pages per minute at 200 and 300 dpi in colour.
- Excellent for network environments: thin client, server client, Citrix and remote desktop applications.
- Based on the i1150 Scanner, but with integrated image processing in the scanner hardware including Perfect Page, barcode recognition and image compression.
- Low demands on the PC specification - just Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GHz, 2 GB RAM is enough for full speed scanning.
- Fully licensed EMC Web Capture device, without ActiveX plug-ins, cross-browser support, web development platform support and free SDK.
- Free three-year advance unit replacement warranty*.
- Compatible with Windows, Linux and Apple Macintosh OS.
* In select countries