|Intelligence and power, on many levels|
The KODAK i5000 Series Scanners were created to triumph over the many processing challenges faced by digital mail rooms, multinational financial and insurance services firms, manufacturing organizations, government entities, and others that process huge volumes of documents containing diverse varieties of information.
We've designed the i5850 Scanner with greater capability and versatility to help meet demanding business goals. Image addressing to read patch codes, Intelligent Document Protection (IDP) to safeguard valuable documents, and a rear post-scan printer. A customizable, intelligent, ergonomically correct production scanner, the i5850 features KODAK Dynamic Flow Technology. This advanced digital architecture delivers optimized memory allocation and processing paths. Now you can work smarter with breakthrough solutions from Kodak Alaris, the high-volume market leader.
- Finds the fastest way to scan, perform imaging functions, and extract data
- Image addressing (IA) detects and reads patch codes on documents before being scanned to expedite batching
- Saves up to 53% on total cost of ownership – over five years
- Service bureau processes hundreds of thousands of highly diverse documents daily for clients in a variety of industries
- Client requirements vary significantly, and include need for patch code reading, sequential numbering, OCR/IDR, validation and beyond
- Due to high volume, any disruptions in workflow can negatively impact productivity and threaten tight turnaround times
- KODAK i5850 Scanner
- 600 dpi, high-integrity scanning greatly enhances OCR/IDR and validation through higher-density data capture
- Image addressing permits reading of patch codes so sequential number can be applied to each document scanned and each batch accurately tracked
- Intelligent Document Protection "hears" issues before they become jams or misfeeds, stopping the feeder to protect document integrity and slash need for rescanning
- Document prep and handling times reduced greatly as i5850 Scanner handles very mixed/diverse batches flawlessly
- Programmable function keys eliminate repeated set-ups of complex tasks and make scanning "one-button easy"
- Document damage from staples, multifeeds, and jams avoided thanks to new IDP feature
- Image files for each document can be separated into groups by foldering or into one electronic document with ease – per client preference – thanks to the image addressing feature
- Rear printer adds versatility to operations and streamlines operations as there is no need to change driver settings when switching between front and rear printer
- Work stoppages reduced markedly, resulting in greater uptime and higher throughput
- Optional KODAK Controlled Dual Stacking Accessory automatically separates patch sheets, images checks and correspondence in a single step – so you can re-use sheets and gain other productive advantages