|HDMI with Audio Integration Solution (Optional)|
The NVIDIA® GeForce® 8 Series graphics card supports HDMI with audio integration solution. With a DVI-to-HDMI adapter and an extra signal cord through the bracket, audio source from sound card(S/PDIF) can be integrated into HDMI interface by simply plugging the cord into the pinhead located on graphics card. Only 1 single HDMI cable is required while streaming audio/video data to flat-panel display devices, such as Plasma/LCD TVs, or projector.
NVIDIA CineFX 5.0 Shading Architecture
- Microsoft Vista Features
- Vertex shaders
- Support for Microsoft DirectX 10.0 Vertex Shader 4.0
- Encompass' Transform and Lighting
- Displacement mapping
- Geometry instancing
- Pixel shades
- Support for DirectX 10.0 Pixel Shader 4.0
- Support for full pixel branching
- Support for Multiple Render Targets (MRTs)
- Infinite-length pixel programs
- Next-generation texture engine
- Full 128-bit studio-quality floating point precision through the entire rendering pipeline,with native hardware support for 32 bpp,64 bpp,and 128 bpp rendering modes.
64-Bit Texture Filtering and Blending
- Full floating point is supported throughout entire pipeline
- Floating point filtering improves the quality of images in motion
- Floating point texturing drivers new levels of clarity and image detail
- Floating point frame buffer blending gives detail to special effects like motion blur and explosions
NVIDIA Intellisample 4.0 Technology
- Advanced 16X anisotropic filtering (up to 128 taps)
- Rotated-grid antialiasing for removing jagged edges for incredible edge quality
- Support for advanced lossless compression algorithms for color, texture,and z-data at higher resolutions and frame retes
- Fast z-clear
- Support for normal map compression
- New transparent supersampling and transparent multisampling antialiasing modes.
NVIDIA PureVideo Technology
- Patented hardware and software technology allows two GPUs to run in parallel to scale performance
- Three dedicated video engines
- MPEG-2 HD and WMV HD video playback up to 1920 X1080p resolution
- H 264 hardware decode acceleration
- Decryption supported for all standard HD Video formats-AES-128 CTR mode,AES-128 CBC
mode,and AES-128 ECB mode.
- Industry's most advanced video algorithms
- Overlay color temperature correction
- Microsoft Video Mixing Renderer (VMR) support for multiple video windows with full video quality and features in each window
- Integrated HDTV output.
Advanced Display Functionality
- Dual integrated 400MHz RAMDACs for display resolutions up to and including 2048 X 1536 at 85 Hz
- Dual MIO ports for interfacing to external TMDS transmitters and external TV encoders
- Full NVIDIA nView multi-display technology capability
- Designed for PCI Express X16
- Designed for high-speed GDDR3 and GDDR4 memory
- Cooling as low as 24 dB delivered by adcanced thermal managemenet and thermal monitoring.
NVIDIA Digital Vibrance Control (DVC) 3.0 Technology
- DVC color controls.
- DVC image sharpening controls.
- Complete DirectX support,including the latest version of Microsoft DirectX 10.0 Shader Model 4.0.
- Full OpenGL support,including OpenGL 2.0.
- Graphics Bus Technology: PCI Express.
- Memory Amount: 256MB.
- Memory Interface: 64-bit .
- Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec): 6.4
- Fill Rate (Billion pixels/sec): 3.6.
- RAMDACs (MHz): 400.